Tuesday, January 22, 2019

New Product at my Costco, Folios Cheese Wraps

I have a new favorite Costco product, that is helping to not only stay on my Keto meal plan, but makes coming up with great meals, very easy.  I have used these for the past 2 weeks, and my husband has loved them.  They are so versatile, and I have Created some great recipes to share with you.  

These Folios cheese wraps are essentially made of cheese, and all you have to do is to take one out of the package, put it in the microwave, on it's own piece of parchment like paper that is included in the package, and microwave.  I'm pretty sure you would need to adjust the baking time depending on how powerful your microwave is, but for me, I set it for 30 seconds.  Once it has stopped, I add another 30 seconds or less.  1 minute for me, generally crispens them and slightly browns them around the edges.

Once they are cooked, you need to let them rest and cool for a few minutes, or they will act like cheese does when it is hot, and not keep it's wrap shape.  Once cooled, slowly peel it from the parchment, and put it on your plate.  The oils comes out of the cheese, so I usually blot off most of that with a paper towel, and that my friends is all there is to making this wrap.  

I have made so many yummy recipes with these wraps, beginning with the very first recipe I created on my Keto meal plan, and that was what I call Katie's Veggie Egg Burrito/Taco.   Here is the recipe for you to try, and I know you will really love the taste.

All the ingredients for this recipe can be found at Costco and if you want to get technical, everything else can be found there too such as, the pans I cooked it in, the food processor and even the paper plates and paper towels I like to use in the microwave.  



Katie’s Keto Egg Tacos
·        2-4 Eggs (Costco)

·        Olive Oil (Costco)
·        Generous Sprinkle of Cheddar Jack Cheese (Costco)
·        Small slice of Philly Cream Cheese. (Costco)
·        2 Folio Cheese Wraps (Costco)
·        1 Tablespoon of butter (Costco)
·        Fresh Ground Salt and Pepper (Costco)
      4 pieces of cooked bacon

DIRECTIONS:
1.     Cook your eggs in olive oil, and scramble them.  Be sure to salt and pepper them for extra flavor, or not, depending on your own personal taste or if you are on a low sodium diet.
2.     Just before your egg is fully scrambled, add your sprinkle of Cheddar Cheese and your small slice of Philly Cream Cheese.  Shut off heat, put the lid on the skillet and remove from the heating element on your stove.  Over the next few minutes your cheese will melt and the egg will finnish cooking. 
3.     Stir melted cheese around in your egg, which brings a huge amount of flavor to them.  Set aside. ( I keep my eggs in the microwave on a microwave safe plate, to keep warm until I am finished with the rest of the recipe.)

More Ingredients: 
·        1 Zucchini 
·        2 Mini Sweet Red Peppers (Costco)
·        Fresh Ground Salt and Pepper (Costco)
·        1 Tablespoon of butter (Costco)

DIRECTIONS:
  • Clean out the fry pan you used for cooking your eggs, rinse out and dry.  Heat and melt 1 Tablespoon of Butter. 
  • Prepare the vegetables in a chopper or Food processor. I found a small one at Costco!  (I don't mind letting it sit out on my counter-top, because I use it so often.)  Add to melted butter in fry pan and salt and pepper to taste.
  • Moisture will cook out, and that is what you want, so you don’t have soggy eggs. Those juices strengthen the flavor, so don't drain them, just let them cook out.  Sauté your veges for about 4 – 5 minutes stirring, and when most of the juices are gone, they are ready.  In the mean time, you need to follow the directions on the wraps to prepare and microwave cook, to crispen the wrap sheets.  When they are done, they will look lacy and crispy…. Yum! I pat the excess oil off, just because I don’t like so much oil, but it isn’t necessary for the Keto diet.

Now, lawyer the cooked ingredients in this order:
1.     Wrap on bottom layer.
2.     Add Cooked cheesy scrambled eggs.
3.     Add cooked veggies
4.     Top with 2 slices of crisp cooked bacon.
There you have it!  It looks like restaurant quality and the taste is amazing.  It has a sweet quality from the vegetables, not to mention that they boost the healthiness of your breakfast meal.  I ate mine this way, but my husband has to add hot sauce or salsa to his for an added spicy bite.  Either way, these are so yummy, and a totally different taste than what you are use to having in any burrito.  Enjoy!

I like to write, thus you won't see me adding a calorie or nutrient value list for any of my recipes.  You can easily calculateyour own nutritional information as you go by using one of the many food calculators that are available online.  I happend to locate this one first, so I am sharing the link:
#Shop Costco,#love, #loveCostco, iShopCostco


No comments:

Post a Comment